Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Call

Kevin and I were off work on Wednesday, February 27th because I had an eye appointment in Charlotte. We were in Bass Pro (Kevin’s favorite store) when my cell phone rang at 1:45pm. It was our program coordinator calling to tell us that WE HAVE A REFERRAL! We have no information other than he turned a year old in January. What a range of emotions we are feeling from excitement to being scared. It is hard to believe that we are going to be traveling to Russia to meet our referral. Our lives are going to be changing in a dramatic way. I am sure it will be a big adjustment after being just the two of us for almost 13 years. But, I really can’t wait for it to be the three of us.

We will be leaving on Sunday, March 9th for Moscow and returning home on Sunday, March 16th. We will be meeting our referral, evaluating medicals and making a decision as to whether or not to accept our referral. Please keep us in your prayers as we travel and that God will give us guidance in making the right decision. If we accept our referral, we will be returning home to complete additional paperwork and to await a court date to travel back to Russia.

So since the call, I really haven’t accomplished much and sleeping at night, who ever heard of that. I am feeling a little overwhelmed and not sure where to start. I have been making lists of things to do. Mom and I are heading out today with my list of things to do.

We will try to keep you updated with our progress, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Todd, Christy, Jordan :) said...

AWESOME NEWS!! FRED, here comes yo mama and daddy!! I know that you have a million things going through your mind. You have worked so hard and waited so long that I'm sure it still doesn't seem real that it's finally happening. I know you're cautious because of all the disappointments along the way - but don't let that hold you back - you have a lot of preparation to do and a lot of people will be uplifting you guys in prayer and spirit!! Have fun and don't wear yourself out to not enjoy the journey!! I know you will make the right decision for your baby boy!!

Sherri said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for both of you!! Will be praying that it all comes together and you will know instantly about this little boy!!