Saturday, March 8, 2008

All Packed and Ready to Go…..

Well, not quite packed. We have our clothes, snacks, gift items, etc. lying on our bed, bedroom floor and kitchen table ready to pack. It looks pretty much like a disaster area right now. We will pack it all up tonight.

I can’t believe that we leave tomorrow. It has been a whirlwind since getting the call on February 27th. The first thing we accomplished was getting our plane tickets. We are actually staying one extra night in Moscow as it saved us a lot of money on our plane tickets. Our VISA’s (which allow us to enter Russia) arrived on Tuesday. My Mom has been so wonderful to go out and do some shopping for us. She actually found us each a warm, lightweight, snow and rain repellent coat on clearance. The 10 day weather forecast is calling for a chance of snow/rain showers daily with the highs in the upper 30’s and it is going to be in the 60’s here next week.

We have been e-mailing back and forth with our coordinator daily to make sure we have everything in place and know our itinerary. We will be staying with a host family while in Moscow. I actually corresponded by e-mail with a family who just returned in February and stayed with the same host family. They said it went great and they ate very well. (One of our concerns as your host family provides most of your meals--most of you know what a picky eater I am).

Thank you so much for your prayers. Please continue to pray for us this week as we travel, meet our referral and make decisions in a short period of time. It has been such a long journey but I know that God hasn’t brought us this far not to see it come to fruition.

2 comments:

Deanna Hoffman said...

Kevin and Christy,
I did not get to talk to you before you guys left but I am so excited for you. Thanks for the blog, I did not know you had one or I would have kept up better. I know you are soooo excited. Enjoy every second of this precious journey. We are praying for you both. Be careful and have fun! Tell Fred we all said hello and cannot wait to meet him!!

Love ya!
Kent, Deanna and Kendra Hoffman

kristi barnes said...

Christy,
I'm so happy for you. I know that this is something that you have wanted and waited for for so long. I pray for safe travels for you and your husband. Please enjoy this moment in your life as it will only continue to get better.
P.S. Freds room is beautiful.

Best Wishes
Kristi Barnes