Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our Most Special Christmas Gift

As we enter into Christmas Eve, I think about the most precious gift any of us have ever received and that is the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is because of the precious gift given to us by God that we know unconditional love. It is wonderful to know we have a savior who believes in forgiveness and to have the promise of an everlasting life in Heaven with our Lord and Savior.

Now that I am a parent it is hard to imagine both the joy and heartache that God felt at the birth of his son. To know the great works he would bring about during his time on earth but to also know what he would be giving up as his son suffered for us. I feel blessed for our gift of Evan this Christmas Season. He is truly our most blessed Christmas present. We have prayed for a child for so long and while we didn’t always know the reasons for many of the things we dealt with over the years, God had a plan and what a wonderful plan Evan has been.

As you celebrate Christmas this year with family and friends, please take time to reflect on our most precious gift, Jesus Christ our Savior and the blessings you have received from him.

From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!!



2 comments:

DENNIE: said...

You are not only my sister of my heart, and my best friend in the universe, but you are a daughter of the Lord! Reading this heartfelt message from you reminded me of all the many things we have to be thankful. With Mom's recent, unexpected, shocking passing and the wide range of emotions...most of which I was not ready for or familiar with, I have continued to look for reasons to be "in the Christmas spirit". There truly is only one reason that any of us need and that is Jesus Christ and the Holy Trinity! He does answer prayers in His own timing and way and we may not understand and sometimes we feel hurt or deeply saddened, but ultimately we trust Him because He knows best! In closing, I am so thankful that you and I both know Jesus as our Savior. I know your family is the most awesome gift and I am so happy for you all!

Love Always, Dennie

Sherri said...

Merry CHRISTmas Christy, Kevin and Evan!! We truly do have much to be grateful and thankful for this year! Have a wonderful day!
Sherri and Natalie