Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update

Sorry it has taken so long to provide an update. It seems I don’t have any free time anymore unless Evan is asleep. We are all slowly adjusting and trying to get a schedule. We have been sticking close to home and not venturing out much. I did take him to the grocery store on Wednesday. What an experience. We made it halfway through with him in the cart and then I had to carry him the remainder of the time. Not very easy to carry a 22lb squirming little boy, push the grocery cart and finish grocery shopping. Luckily I survived. I don’t know that I will be venturing out with him to the grocery store by myself again. Today he had to go with me to the Doctor. Kevin and I are still trying to recover from our colds. We then met Kevin for lunch. Evan had his first fast-food meal at Chick-fil-a. He had chicken nuggets (which I cut up) and one French fry (didn’t impress him too much). I think he was more interested in drinking the milk.

We are slowly catching up on our sleep and last night he slept from 8:15pm t0 7am in the morning in his own bed without us having to get up. What a great feeling to be able to sleep all night. I am sure it was just a brief reprieve.

Thanks everyone for your e-mails and your cards. I will try to respond as I can. There just seems to be so much to do around the house when he is asleep. Overall I think the adjustment is going good. Thanks so much for your prayers.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

What a sweet, sweet boy!!