Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dennie Practices Blogging

Well, I thought I should practice blogging before Christy and Kevin head over to Russia on Saturday, in case I need more help. We'll see if this works. Along with all of Christy and Kevin's friends and family, I have prayed diligently for God to give them a child.....not just any child, but rather the child meant to be in their arms, hearts, minds, souls, and ultimately their family. I always knew deep down that God would answer our prayers for "Baby Renn" ("Fred" as we sometimes called him to keep the burden light). I had faith that a certain child somewhere in this world needed Christy and Kevin as much as they needed him.

I found the following scripture from the New Living Translation which says:

Passage Isaiah 65:24:

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

I think it's appropriate to say a simple, yet sincere, Thank You to our Heavenly Father for making this adoption possible in every way. Christy and Kevin, you will leave on Saturday the last time as a couple and will return as new parents. This is it! Doesn't it strengthen our faith to see God's plan come to fruition?

1 comment:

Todd, Christy, Jordan :) said...

Amen, (Aunt) Dennie!! What is Evan Kirill going to call you??

I'm so glad this day is finally here... I was thinking about you guys today as I held (and diapered several times!!) my new nephew (just born yesterday!!) and how exciting your life is about to become when this very special baby boy is finally at home with the parents that God has chosen for him!