Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pending Surgery

Yes, Evan is having another surgery. We went back for follow-up with the ENT Doctor today. As I mentioned earlier, his tubes have come out of his ears. Well, the fluid is already building back up. Evan also has extremely large tonsils that the Doctor has been keeping an eye on. Evan doesn’t snore a lot but he is a heavy mouth breather. Also, due to the fact that Evan continues to have a lot of colds/cough/runny nose and two cases of strep, he will be having tubes put back in his ears and having his tonsils and adenoids out on February 9th. We will be spending one night in the hospital. So keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Wendi and Terry said...

Sorry to hear the news, we'll be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. Evan's a trooper - I'm sure he'll rebound quickly and hopefully healthy for a long time to come.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

My youngest son had his tonsils removed and it made such a difference...adenoids too. The recovery is rough so be prepared for that...not much sleep and lots of medications...like every 2 hours. Every child responds differently though. I will give you a tip...and I never thought I would have to do this...but tylenol suppositories are a good thing for recovery :S as most kids don't want anything in their mouths after the surgery.

I hope it all goes well!