Thursday, April 23, 2009

Evanisms

I have been advised by my Aunt that I need to journal and keep up with all the neat and amazing things that Evan does. I just can’t seem to find the time. I don’t see how my cousin, who has three children, manages to do this daily for each of her children. So, I am going to try and blog a little more about these things and try to keep up. There is a website I can go to and have my blog made into a book. I plan to do that once Evan has been home for a year to cover the adoption process and his first year home.

So the next few paragraphs may not flow very well as I try to cover some of these things.

Kevin and I are constantly amazed at the concepts Evan is learning such as open/close, on/off, yes/no and up/down just to name a few. Of course, he has “No Mommy” and “No Daddy” down to a science. One of my recent favorites is that when he wants you to hold him, he holds up his arms and says “Hold You”.

Evan loves to jump on our bed and watch TV. He will jump around and say “Dance”. He also wants to have his clothes off when he is on the bed so he will start with “Pants Off” and then “Shirt Off”. He is putting more and more words together. Kevin’s truck had to be towed the other day and when I took Evan to daycare, he looked out where the truck usually sits and told me “Daddy, big truck gone”. Amazing to us, a sentence and we know what he is saying.

A recent funny with Evan. Mom was keeping him last Thursday and was fixing Evan some juice. We have been watering his juice down. Mom got the water bottle out to add water to his juice. He told her “No Water” and took the bottle back from her and put it in the refrigerator. I have since purchased Motts for Totts which is already mixed with purified water, so it will still be watered down. So far he hasn’t noticed. He just thinks we are no longer adding water.

No comments: