Monday, September 29, 2008

Update on Evan

Evan had a great check-up on his 20-month birthday (September 22nd). He weighed 23 lbs and 15 oz and was 31 ¾ inches tall. He is slowly but surely growing. Of course, the poor little fellow had to endure three shots that day. He is definitely a little trooper. The Doctor asked me at his check-up if he could point to body parts when asked and I said no but we had been working on it. Well, low and behold, that night while giving him a bath, I asked where his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair and belly button were and he pointed right to them. We were so excited and heaped on the praise.

He has also been spoiled as he was not able to go to daycare last week. He had a cold and was running a low-grade fever. Luckily, Granna (my Mom) was able to watch him. He was definitely catered to last week. He also managed to pass it on too me. I took him to the Doctor on Friday but was told it was just a cold. He seems to have turned the corner and went back to daycare today.

We also had our first Post Placement report today with our Social Worker. It was nice to have some things validated and know that we are doing a pretty good job. Russia requires Post Placement reports at 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years of placement. I don’t mind this. I am excited for the Russian officials to know how well he is doing and to see pictures of how much is growing and changing. We still feel very fortunate to have been chosen as his parents.

2 comments:

deb said...

The Lord is so wonderful. You guys all blessed to have each other. You are doing a wonderful job. You just had to wait on HIS timing.

DENNIE: said...

I can't say it enough....how proud and excited I am that you are finally living your dream of parenthood! He's smart and special! What a blessing