Saturday, August 23, 2008

9 weeks and 19 months

As of tonight, we will have been home for 9 weeks with Evan. If we were in a school grading period, I am hoping Kevin and I would be graded as a work in progress. We are far from perfect and have so much to learn. I think parenthood is the hardest job I have encountered. I know that I need to work on my patience and take the time to just enjoy playing with Evan. He requires so much energy and a lot of the time I am just exhausted. I know that it is going to be even harder once I return to work.

Evan also turned 19 months old yesterday. He is constantly changing and learning new things. When I think back to when we first met Evan in March, he was a solemn little boy that we were only able to get a few smiles out of. Since coming home in June it is amazing the changes. His face has matured, he smiles, grins, plays peek-a-boo and loves to wave to people. Once he gets used to someone, he has such an engaging personality. Of course, the hugs and having his arms wrapped around your neck mean the most. He is a special little boy and we are so blessed to have been chosen to be his parents.

1 comment:

A cross-cultural family said...

Praying for you as you go back to work and new transitions take place in your lives. He is so cute in the pictures and we look forward to getting to know him better.